You know that having the latest skills can help you land a new job or get a promotion, but how do you pay for it all?
The Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship will pay your tuition for short-term, career-related certificates and diplomas in fields where there are good paying jobs.
Many of these certificates can be completed in four months or less!
Here’s how it works.
First, make sure you’re eligible.
- Students must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be a Kentucky resident
- Be a high school or GED graduate (or be working toward your GED with AOKY)
- Have not earned an associate’s degree or higher
- Be enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, at an eligible postsecondary institution in an approved program of study that leads to an industry-recognized certificate, credential, or diploma in a high-demand workforce sector.
- Qualifying areas for the 2017-2018 year are health care, advanced manufacturing, transportation/logistics, business services/IT, and construction.
- Not be in default on any obligation to KHEAA
Then, find your program and Apply to KCTCS
KCTCS has more Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship eligible certificates than any other Kentucky college or university.
Next, you will need to complete the Free Application for Student Federal Aid (FASFA).
Any tuition not covered by federal and state aid is what will be covered by the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship.
Finally, apply for the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship
Other information to know about the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship:
- Amount equals tuition amount minus federal and state grants and scholarships, up to the maximum amount.
- Maximum amount shall not exceed the in-state tuition and fees rate for full-time enrollment at the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. Estimated near $3,900 for the 2017-2018 year.
- Expires when the first of the following conditions is met:
- Receipt of scholarship funding for the equivalent of four academic terms;
- Receipt of the scholarship for 32 credit hours of enrollment; or
- Receipt of a first associate’s degree
- Recipients must earn a grade point average of 2.0 or higher each semester the scholarship is received in to order to be eligible the following semester.
Get started today by finding your program and applying to KCTCS. The Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship is a first-come, first-served scholarship. So apply early to make sure you don’t miss your chance to get ahead, tuition free!
Get in. Get out. Get to work.